Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Making Pills: Part I

Since I didn’t have to go to work today, I thought it was the perfect time to catch up on some artwork. One of my challenges is to get these pills painted, glossed, and then attached to a canvas (the canvas is already painted). I counted the pills today and I knew I had over 250, but now I know that I actually have 307 pills (don’t ask -I don’t know why the total is an odd number).

I created the pills using clay and wood (I finished this process a while back). Today, I had to create a base using foam board and pins.

Here I had to measure out the dots on the foam board.


Then I pushed the pins in.




I then went outside and began placing the pills on the pins so I could spray paint them.




Close-Up Madness:




Ha ha ha, different pill perspectives...



I thought it was funny how the 2 images above are focused differently, like all of the pills single out that one pill and laugh at it. Then, in the second image, the single pill is sad.

Afterwards, I put the capsules (also created out of clay and wood) on a board I found in my studio and spray painted those too.



I just brought everything down to my studio to dry for the night. I also went out and purchased some blue tape.

I’m really afraid and hesitant about the next step. I’m still debating if I will airbrush or hand-paint the pills. ½ is white and ½ is going to be another color. I have an airbrush, but I haven’t used it since I graduated from high school. It would make the process easy and clean, but the thing I don’t like about it is it stops spraying after a while. Even when I clean it out it continues to give me problems. I then have to put it away for a while and come back to it later in order to use it again. I don’t know if this is a normal problem or if it’s me. Someone told me it’s normal, but I think that it’s stupid. I don’t know, I think I will wake up early tomorrow morning and wrap the part of the pills I want white and then test the airbrush. Who knows, it may be worth the frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment